The salty, creamy, cheesy dip that is spinach and artichoke is the perfect party pleaser or just a casual afternoon nibble.
After our long day of exploring the Dubai Museum we came home to relax and watch a bit of Fawlty Towers because who doesn’t love a good giggle! Suddenly, about three episodes in I got a craving for chips and dip, realizing I had all the ingredients in the kitchen to make spinach and artichoke so I did.
- Frozen spinach – 5 portions defrosted and drained, squeeze as much water out of it as you can
- 1 can artichoke hearts cut into small pieces
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cooking cream
- 2 cups grated cheddar
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place your garlic in a dry pan and heat until fragrant
- Add the spinach and artichokes
- Add the cream and cheeses, stir until melted
- Add the lemon juice and salt and pepper
- Warm all the way through and serve with crisps or crusty baguette slices