This easy week night dinner requires little to know effort but still looks and tastes impressive. You can use your favourite bolognese recipe or follow mine but either way it is delicious, health and super easy. You could even make them ahead, stick them in the fridge or freezer and bake when needed. Simple.
- 500g mince
- 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups strained tomatoes
- 1tsp oregano
- 3 large tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese – optional
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan and add the onions and garlic, cook until fragrant.
- Add the red wine and oregano. Cook for a minute or two.
- Add the mince, break up and mix in with the onions.
- Put in the tomatoes and stir, turn down the heat to the lowest, cover and allow to cook slowly for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Cut the tops off of the tomatoes, carefully cut away the insides from the outer flesh and scoop out.
- Fill the tomatoes with the mince, place on a baking tray, top with cheese.
- Place the tray in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove and serve with spaghetti, rice or quinoa.