You would think meatloaf was paleo wouldn’t you, that is if you didn’t already know how to make it of course.
This simple recipe is great for a mid week meal and the leftovers make great work lunches, it’s super easy, gluten free and paleo friendly. Hungry yet?
- 500g minced beef
- 1 green apple, peeled and grated
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp tumeric
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Place your grated apple in a tea towel and squeeze from it the excess water/juice, try and get your apple as dry as possible.
- In a large bowl combine the mince, apple, onion, garlic, parsley and spices, get your hands in there and mix everything together until it is well combined.
- Grease your loaf pan with a little coconut or olive oil.
- Place your mixture into a loaf pan and set aside.
- In another bowl mix the tomato paste, vinegar and honey into a sauce, spoon this over the top of your loaf – it doesn’t need to be a thick layer just make sure all of it is covered.
- Place the meatloaf in the over for 30 – 40 minutes, it will shrink away from the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little before slicing and serving.