Sometimes I am amazed by how something so simple could possibly taste so good. When you get home from a long day and you cook a really easy meal but it tastes like you’ve spent hours slaving over the stove is really every home cooks dream isn’t it?
This is one of those recipes, it’s an easy go to with little to no prep work needed and it can be adapted and played with as much as you like, swapping out ingredients, changing the ratios – it’s very much a chuck it all in and go from there kind of deal.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 cups of plain/greek yoghurt
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zested & 1/2 juiced, other 1/2 sliced
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped parsley
- 1 tsp zataar
- salt & pepper
- In a large bowl mix together all ingredients except the chicken breast and lemon slices in a bowl until well combined.
- Add the chicken and coat it well – I like to get my hands dirty and use them to make sure all of the chicken is really covered.
- Place the bowl into the fridge and allow it to marinate for half an hour. Once you’ve put it in the fridge put your oven on 180 to preheat.
- After half an hour remove it from the fridge and place the chicken it in an oven proof dish (you can also grill this chicken and if you are then skip this next bit) place the lemon slices on top of the chicken and put it in the oven.
- Cook the chicken for 20-30minutes or until cooked through.
Serve with couscous and greek salad or potato salad and pita bread.