This one is all over the web and there are a million versions of it so I thought I would just put my two cents in and share with you how I do it. This super simple, gluten free pizza is packed with protein and all sorts of other goodies and can be as good or as bad for you as you like. We went with some lovely fresh mozzarella rather than the grated package stuff you get and really simple toppings for our first go. When I made ours I did it a little too thick so next time it will be much thinner but be warned, this is going to end up being a pizza you have to eat with cutlery, it will not stand up to being picked up.
For the base
- 2 cups Cooked quinoa
- 1 Egg
For the sauce
- 3 tblsp Tomato paste
- 3 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 180℃
- Mix the quinoa and the egg, I used my hands and got nice and messy doing this bit (great for cooking with kids!)
- Once everything is well mixed shape the quinoa into thin discs on grease proof paper or a silicon mat, make sure it’s quite thin and even.
- Place the bases into the over for 20 minutes.
- While the bases are in the oven prep your sauce and toppings, mix the sauce ingredients well and cut your toppings to size.
- Remove the bases from the oven and spoon over the sauce and add the cheese and toppings, you don’t really need to leave a crust since you wont be able to pick it up but it’s up to you.
- Place the bases back in the over for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and serve, be carful removing them from the tray, they come apart quite easily.