My favorite thing about Chinese food is how quick and easy it is to throw together which is why this recipe was so perfect for a Thursday night after a long, but surprisingly productive, day at work.
For the chicken
- 4 small / 2 large chicken breast, cubed
- 1tblsp cornflour
- 1/2 tblsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2tblsp soy sauce
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 3 spring onions diced, white and green separated
- Black pepper
For the sauce
- 2tblsp honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1tsp cornflour
- 1/2tsp soy sauce
- 1/2tsp rice wine vinegar
- Coat the chicken in the soy, cornflour & vinegar, place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Now make the sauce, place all the liquid ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined. Add a little of the cornflour at a time whisking thoroughly to make sure their are no lumps.
- Heat a little oil in a wok, make sure it’s really hot then add the onions. Allow them to cook a little before adding the chicken and seasoning with pepper. Cook the chicken through.
- Add the white of the spring onion, stir.
- Pour over the sauce and cook until thickened.
- Add some of the green spring onions and stir, reserve some for garnish.
- Serve over rice.