There was no way I was going to go 30 days without pancakes, you shouldn’t either. So here’s a really quick and easy recipe for a delicious vegan breakfast, I promise you these are even better than regular pancakes, in fact I very much doubt I’ll ever go back now.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1 flaxseed egg
- 1tsp sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/4tsp baking soda
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1tblsp coconut oil
Mix 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 2.5 tablespoons of water and set aside to thicken.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl mix the milk and apple cider vinegar together.
- Add the coconut oil and flaxseed egg to the milk and mix.
- Mix the dry ingredients into wet carefully – do not over mix or it will become too chewy, the mix doesn’t have to be completely smooth.
- Heat some coconut oil in a frying pan and add a small amount of mixture, allow the pancakes to cook until you see bubbles begin to form, flip the pancake and cook though. These don’t take a long time to cook so be careful they don’t burn.