Sometime your just need something decadent for breakfast, I think a fritatta is the perfect thing and it’s not as hard as people make it out to be, here’s a quick and simple version:
- 3 eggs
- 3 tblsp cooking cream
- 2 slices of honey roasted ham
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- Small bunch of fresh basil leaves
- 2 small potatoes chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 onion chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Place potatoes into a dish of water and microwave for 5 minutes or until potatoes are almost cooked through.
- Chop the ham and add that and the onions to a heated frying pan, cook the onions down slowly. Once cooked leave in the pan off the heat to cool.
- Whisk the eggs and cream until combined. Stir in the cheese and basil – season with salt and pepper.
- Strain the potatoes and place them in an oven proof pan.
- Add the onions and ham to the eggs and stir.
- Place the pan over a medium heat and pour in the egg mixture, into the pan over the potatoes. Do no stir.
- Allow the egg mixture to start cooking, when you see the edges start to cook and pull away from the edge of the pan place the dish into the oven.
- Cook the fritatta for 10 – 15 minutes depending on the size of your pan – when it has puffed up and gone a golden brown and a skewer stuck in comes out clean your dish is ready.
- Removed from the oven and allow to cool slightly – the fritatta should fall in the middle slightly.