This delicious dense cake is tangy and delicious using limes, olive oil and Black Swan Dairy Free Greek Yoghurt from Milk and Honey. When I began making this cake I was concerned about the flavour difference from using the dairy free yoghurt but in actual fact you would never even know the difference!
- 1 cup Black Swan Naturally Sweet Greek Style Breakfast Yoghurt (Lactose Free)
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup castor sugar
- zest of one lime
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups of sifted plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 deg C
- Grease a 22cm springform baking tin
- In one large bowl mix all the wet ingredients until well combined.
- In another separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients mixture into the flour and using a wooden spoon mix until just combined. Do not overwork the batter!
- Pour into the baking tin and cook for about 45-50 mins. The cake is ready when it has browned on top and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave it to cool in the cake tin for five minutes and then invert it onto a cake cooler.
- Once cooled, sprinkle with sugared lime zest (combine one tablespoon of lime zest with two tbsps of sugar)
This is a sponsored post. I was compensated, but all opinions are my own.