This is a sponsored post. I was compensated, but all opinions are my own.
This delicious dense cake is tangy and delicious using limes, olive oil and Black Swan Dairy Free Greek Yoghurt from Milk and Honey. When I began making this cake I was concerned about the flavour difference from using the dairy free yoghurt but in actual fact you would never even know the difference!
- 1 cup Black Swan Naturally Sweet Greek Style Breakfast Yoghurt (Lactose Free)
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup castor sugar
- zest of one lime
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups of sifted plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 deg C
- Grease a 22cm springform baking tin
- In one large bowl mix all the wet ingredients until well combined.
- In another separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients mixture into the flour and using a wooden spoon mix until just combined. Do not overwork the batter!
- Pour into the baking tin and cook for about 45-50 mins. The cake is ready when it has browned on top and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave it to cool in the cake tin for five minutes and then invert it onto a cake cooler.
- Once cooled, sprinkle with sugared lime zest (combine one tablespoon of lime zest with two tbsps of sugar)