I won’t lie, I did use pre made gnocchi for this recipe, but you can make your own if you have the time, any kind will be fine – I have made this with homemade sweet potato gnocchi before and it was amazing, so let your imagination run while and mix it up a little!
- 1 Pack of potato gnocchi (or homemade)
- 6 tbsp Butter
- Pinch of Salt (I used my homemade sage infused salt)
- 100g Chorizo sausage
- Parmesan cheese to top it all off
- Place a pan of water on the stove to boil.
- In a frying pan add the butter and allow it to melt over a medium heat – you need to watch the butter doesn’t burn which isn’t as easy as it may seem.
- When the butter has melted and started to bubble turn the heat right down and very slowly cook the butter being sure to stir often.
- add the salt (if your butter is unsalted add a little more) just remember you cant taste this sauce as you cook it without burning your mouth! But you can always add more salt at the end.
- When your water has begun to boil add the gnocchi a little at a time – the dumplings should sink to the bottom of the pan.
- When the gnocchi is ready it will float to the surface.
- When the gnocchi is ready drain the water and place the gnocchi back in the pan, add the chorizo and browned butter, gently toss the ingredients together.